Dr.rer.nat. Adi Nur Cahyono, M.Pd. was born in Banjarnegara, Central Java, Indonesia. In 2000, he completed his secondary education at Senior High School in Karangkobar, Banjarnegara, and started his university studies in Mathematics Education at Universitas Negeri Semarang (UNNES), Indonesia, where he obtained a bachelor degree in 2004. He pursued a master’s degree in Mathematics Education at Universitas Negeri Semarang in 2006 and graduated in 2008. Beginning in 2005, he worked as a senior high school mathematics teacher for three years, and in 2008 he worked as a lecturer in mathematics education in an institute of teacher training and education science for one year. In 2009, he started a new job as a civil servant lecturer at the Department of Mathematics of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Universitas Negeri Semarang.
He also has experience as an academic staff member at the Centre of Development of Education Media (PPMP), Universitas Negeri Semarang, and as a reviewer of Interactive Educational Multimedia Production at the Department of ICT Development for Education (BPTIKP), Central Java, Indonesia. He teaches mathematics education, especially teaching and learning geometry and the use of ICT in Mathematics Education, and he has conducted several research projects in these areas. He has presented and published several papers in his research area in national and international forums and scientific journals. In 2006, he was recognised as the winner of a competition of teachers with smart ideas held by Citibank Indonesia and the Indonesian Hope Foundation.
In 2013, he was awarded a PhD scholarship from the Islamic Development Bank (IDB), Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, through an IDB-UNNES PhD fellowship program. In the same year, he started his PhD study at the Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science Education, J. W. v. Goethe-University Frankfurt am Main, Germany, under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Matthias Ludwig from Goethe Universit Frankfurt and Professor Marc Schaefer, Ph.D from Rhodes University, South Africa. His PhD research focused on the MathCityMap-Project for Indonesia. In 2017 he was awarded a doctoral degree in Natural Sciences (Dr.rer.nat.) in the speciality of Didactics of Mathematics after he furnished evidence of his ability in regularly conducted doctoral proceedings through his dissertation entitled „Learning mathematics in a mobile app supported math trail environment“. In the same year, he resumed his position as a lecturer at Universitas Negeri Semarang to teach in the Undergraduate Program and Postgraduate Program of mathematics education.
Name: Dr.rer.nat. Adi Nur Cahyono, M.Pd.
Position: Civil Servant Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics, Universitas Negeri Semarang (UNNES)
Email address: adinurcahyono(at)mail(dot)unnes(dot)ac(dot)id / mail(at)adinurcahyono(dot)com
Personal website: www.adinurcahyono.com
- 2013- 2017. Doctoral Program (S3), Study Program: Mathematics and Informatics Education, Institut für Didaktik der Mathematik und der Informatik, J. W. v. Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Academic degree: Dr.rer.nat – Doctor rerum Naturalium (Doctor degree in Natural Sciences) in the specialty of Didactics of Mathematics. Thesis Title: Learning mathematics in a mobile app-supported math trail environment. Scholarship: Islamic Development Bank (IDB) – Unnes.
- 2005-2007. Master Program (S2), Study Program: Mathematics Education, Postgraduate Program, Semarang State University/ Universitas Negeri Semarang (Unnes). Academic degree: M.Pd – Magister Pendidikan (Master of Education). Thesis Title: Development of Technology-based Creative Problem Solving Model in Mathematics Learning of Senior High School.
- 2000-2004. Bachelor Program (S1), Study Program: Mathematics Education, Mathematics Department, Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences (FMIPA), Semarang State University/ Universitas Negeri Semarang (Unnes). Academic degree: S.Pd – SarjanaPendidikan (Bachelor Degree of Mathematics Education). Thesis Title: Learning Outcomes Difference between Students given Structured Project by using Learning VCD and Students given Structured Project by using Students Worksheet in Measurement material of Elementary Students Grade 5 in Gunungpati Semarang.
- 1997-2000. SMU Negeri 1 Karangkobar (State Senior High School)
- 1994-1997. SMP Negeri 1 Karangkobar (State Junior High School)
- 1988-1994. SD NegeriLeksana 2 (State Elementary School)
- 1993-1994. TK Pertiwi Karangkobar (Kindergarten)
- Civil servant lecturer at the Department of Mathematics of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences, Semarang State University/Universitas Negeri Semarang (Unnes), Indonesia (since 2008).
- Lecturer at the Department of Mathematics Education of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences Education at IKIP PGRI Semarang (a private institute for teacher training and education science), Indonesia (2008–2009).
- Tutor of Mathematics Education at the Open University (UPBJJ-UT) Semarang, Indonesia (2008–2009).
- Teacher of Mathematics and Instructor of Mathematics Olympiad at SMA Negeri 1 Banjarnegara (a state senior high school) (2007–2008).
- Teacher of Mathematics and ICT at SMA Ibu Kartini Semarang (a private senior high School) (2005–2007).
- Academic staff member at the Centre of Development of Education Media (PPMP), Semarang State University (2011–2013).
- Reviewer of Interactive Educational Multimedia Production at the Department of ICT Development for Education (BPTIKP), Central Java Province, Indonesia (2011–2012).
- Cahyono, A. N. & Ludwig, M (2017). MathCityMap: Motivating students to engage in mathematics through a mobile app-supported math trail programme. Presented at Jahrestagung der Gesellschaft für Didaktik der Mathematik (GDM 2017), Potsdam (Germany), 27 February – 3 March 2017.
- Cahyono, A. N. & Ludwig, M (2017). Examining motivation in mobile app-supported math trail environments. Presented at 10th Congress of European Research in Mathematics Education (CERME 10), Dublin (Ireland), 1–5 February 2017.
- Kharis, M. & Cahyono, A.N. (2016). Mathematical Modelling of Influenza Epidemics with Vaccination Strategy. Jurnal MIPA. Vol. 38, No. 2.
- Cahyono, A. N. & Ludwig, M (2016). MathCityMap: Exploring mathematics around the city. Presented at 13th International Congress on Mathematics Education (ICME-13), Hamburg (Germany), 24–31 July 2016.
- Asikin, M., Junaedi, I., & Cahyono, A.N. (2015). Development of INNOMATTS Training Model to improve mathematics teachers’ competence and character. Jurnal Penelitian Pendidikan. Vol.32, No. 2.
- Cahyono, A. N., Ludwig, M, & Marée, S. (2015). Designing mathematical outdoor tasks for the implementation of the MathCityMap-Project in Indonesia. In Vistro-Yu, C. (Ed.). In pursuit of quality mathematics education for all: Proceedings of the 7th ICMI-East Asia Regional Conference on Mathematics Education, pp. 151-–158. Quezon City: Philippine Council of Mathematics Teacher Educators (MATHTED), Inc.
- Cahyono, A. N. & Ludwig, M (2014). MathCityMap: A Math Trail Project Supported by the use of GPS-enabled Mobile Phone Application. Presented at International Conference on Mathematics, Science, and Education 2014, Semarang (Indonesia), 19–21 September 2014.
- Cahyono, A. N. & Ludwig, M. (2014). Designing of The MathCityMap-Project for Indonesia. In Oesterle, S., Nicol, C., Liljedahl, P., & Allan, D. (Eds.). Proceedings of the 38th Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education and the 36th Conference of the North American Chapter of the Psychology of Mathematics Education,.Vol. 6, p. 33. Vancouver, Canada: PME.
- Cahyono, A. N. & Kharis, M. (2014). Mobile Social Media Application for Learning Calculus. In Chova, L.G., Martínez, A.L., & Torres, I.C. (Eds.). Proceedings of 7th International Technology, Education and Development Conference. Valencia (Spain): IATED.
- Khoiri, W., Rochmad, R., Cahyono, A.N. (2013) Multimedia-aided problem-based learning in learning mathematics to improve creative thinking ability. Unnes Journal of Mathematics Education. Vol. 2, No. 1.
- Cahyono, A. N. (2012). Virtual MATRiKS: a Conceptual Mathematization Process in Virtual Learning Environment. The Online Journal of Science and Technology. Vol. 2, Issue 3.
- Cahyono, A. N. (2011). MATRiKSMovie: Building the Nation Character through Movie-based RME. Proceedings of International Seminar and the Fourth National Conference on Mathematics Education. Jogjakarta (Indonesia): Department of Mathematics Education, UNY.
- Cahyono, A. N. (2010). Vygotskian Perspective: Scaffolding to Reach Students Zone of Proximal Development (ZPD) in Mathematics Learning. Proceedings of National Seminar on Mathematics and Mathematics Education, pp. 442–448. Jogjakarta (Indonesia): Department of Mathematics Education, UNY.
- Cahyono, A.N. (2009). Development of Technology based Creative Problem Solving Model in Mathematics Learning of Senior High School. Proceedings of the Fifth National Seminar on Mathematics, pp. 7–14. Semarang (Indonesia): Department of Mathematics FMIPA Unnes.
- Cahyono, A. N. (2009). E-learning, Literature Study and Its Application in Mathematics Learning. Proceedings of National Seminar of Mathematics Education, pp. 192–209. Semarang (Indonesia): IAIN Walisongo Semarang.
- Rasiman, Cahyono, A.N., Sulianto, J., Nurhadi (2008). Tracing Graduates of Mathematics Education Study Program IKIP PGRI Semarang through tracer Study as Feedback of Curriculum Improvement 2008. Media Penelitian Pendidikan. Vol. 2.